The Ion Smart and Resilient Cities Accelerator’s Cohort 2 Demo Day
As the Ion Smart and Resilient Cities Accelerator plans for Cohort 2’s Demo Day, we are exploring the concept of a true Demo Day – a day full of virtual keynotes, panels, and presentations from Houston’s greatest assets: our people. The day is filled with sessions that speak to Cohort 2’s themes of air quality, water purification, and clean tech efforts in Houston. These sessions will feature the work that is currently being done, and highlight the work that needs to be done.
We are also highlighting the City of Houston’s Resilient Houston Plan and Climate Action Plan . We want to offer viewers from around the world a chance to tune in and learn more about what Houston is doing with respect to Cohort 2’s themes as we engage in the energy transition.
The day would culminate in Cohort 2’s Demo Day, with a virtual presentation of startups’ pitches.
Full agenda can be found HERE!
Cohort 2 Presenting Companies:
- Annapurna Solutions is a Houston based software startup committed to advancing solid waste management as a resource. We build scalable cloud based solutions ranging from solid waste management, recycling and energy management to help smart cities achieve sustainability goals.
- Eigen Control has developed state of the art machine learning and chemical engineering models to enable efficient real-time control of distillation columns with results of significant increase in stability, product quality, and decrease in emissions that are an order of magnitude better than current state of the art equivalents. Our product is currently in the early commercial stage; we are already engaging customers in trials to refine and enhance our product.
- Re:3D is a social enterprise committed to decimating the cost & scale barriers to 3D-printing in order to create jobs & enable problem-solvers worldwide to independently address local needs. Recently, re:3D modified Gigabot, its industrial 3D printer, to directly 3D print from shredded reclaimed plastic waste to truly enable affordable, sustainable, and locally driven manufacturing around our Houston factory, satellite office in Austin, outpost in Puerto Rico & beyond. This opportunity provides disaster response/resiliency efforts, as well new job creation, education, and in supply chain reduction.
- S2G Energy digitizes Enterprise energy consumption, with a focus on multi-site industrial and commercial organizations. S2G builds a technological (Artificial Intelligence) and human team, where collected and analyzed data add value and personalized solutions beyond energy efficiency, for organizations.
- Water Lens has developed a differentiated, scalable water data analytics platform that brings the quality of a traditional analytical instruments to the field (and it can even be used in a lab). It is easy enough for the average non-technical person to operate. As a result, it provides consistent, reliable results in minutes; rather than days or weeks.