Incubate Galveston: A Collective’s Innovation Hackathon
About this event
We are seeking solutions for the following challenges:
- Diabetes Self-Management Education and Support
- Digital solution for regional health care delivery, from long term care, to acute response to disaster events
- Food Shortage and Distribution
Participants will work in small teams with a collection of experts, entrepreneurs, students, and community members to tackle challenges presented by our sponsors, UTMB, TAMUG, and The City of Galveston. In this unique environment, we encourage all participants to use their creative thinking to develop innovative new concepts, ideas, or prototypes.
By the end of the Hackathon, teams will have a finished pitch or prototype for an innovative product, service, or business model. Teams will then present their idea to a panel of judges and win prizes, including presenting your solution to the City Council, and there are even cash prizes for the most innovative solution!
- 11:00 am | Kick-Off and Problem Set Presentations for all Attendees and Mentors
- 11:30 am – 3:00 pm | Networking Lunch and Pitch Tips and Tricks and Design Thinking Presentation
- 3:00 pm | Teams are formed, so let the hacking begin! Satellite Hacking spots for Saturday announced
- 9:30 am – 5:00 pm | Explore Galveston at one of our satellite Hacking spots
- 12:30 – 2:00 pm | Final Pitch Presentation @ The Cannon – Galveston
- 2:30 – 4:30 pm | Winners Announced and Community Networking
- 1st place team is awarded $4,000
- 2nd place team is awarded $2,500
- 3rd place team is awarded $1,000
Catch up on past events in the ABCs Series!
- Watch ABCs 1: Becoming an Entrepreneur on Demand
- Watch ABCs 2 on Demand: Link to Come
- Watch ABCs 3 on Demand: Link to Come