Greentown Houston Grand Opening Livestream
About this Event
This Earth Day, we are proud to open Greentown Houston—the city’s first-ever climatetech startup incubator—heralding a new and exciting chapter for the energy capital of the world!
On Earth Day 2020, the City of Houston announced its first-ever Climate Action Plan, and one year later we are honored to help Houston tap into the boundless opportunities presented by the energy transition. Join us for a celebration of entrepreneurship, collaboration, and innovation, which together with the engineering strength and talent of the region’s energy industry will power Houston’s climate leadership.
Greentown Houston is our first out-of-state expansion, and we have already welcomed more than 20 startup members and more than 20 partners. Located in the city’s Innovation District, Greentown Houston will provide more than 40,000 sq. ft. of prototyping lab, office, and community space for about 50 climatetech startups, totaling 200-300 employees.
At this event, we are excited to introduce you to the startups and corporates that are helping drive climate action in Houston and beyond. The Grand Opening Ceremony will be livestreamed so that no matter where you’re based, you can tune into this major milestone for the energy transition and our clean energy future!
- Meet startups on the forefront of the energy transition
- Hear from energy and civic leaders
- Be introduced to Greentown’s newest partners
Meet the entrepreneurs, industry leaders, and elected officials speaking:
- Bob Harvey, President & CEO, Greater Houston Partnership
- Mayor Sylvester Turner, City of Houston
- David Leebron, President, Rice University
- Emily Reichert, CEO, Greentown Labs
- Barbara Burger, President, Chevron Technology Ventures
- Ajay Mehta, General Manager, Shell
- Tim Ong, Head of Innovation, BHP
- Scott Burns, VP, Retail Innovation, Customer Experience & Market Intelligence, NRG Energy
- Darryl Willis, VP Energy Industry, Microsoft
- Jane Stricker, Senior Relationship Manager, Regions, Cities and Solutions, bp
- Katie Mehnert, CEO and Founder, ALLY Energy — a Greentown Houston Inaugural Member
- Trevor Best, CEO, Syzygy Plasmonics — a Greentown Houston Inaugural Member
Additional speakers and details will be added as they are confirmed.
About Greentown Labs:
Greentown Labs is a community of climatetech and cleantech pioneers working to design a more sustainable world. As the largest climatetech startup incubator in North America, Greentown Labs brings together startups, corporates, investors, policymakers, and many others with a focus on scaling climate solutions. Driven by the mission of providing groundbreaking startups the resources, knowledge, connections, and equipment they need to thrive, Greentown Labs offers lab and office space, software and business resources, and a large network of corporate partners, investors, industry experts, and fellow entrepreneurs. Greentown Labs is headquartered in Somerville, MA and has supported more than 300 startups since its founding in 2011. These startups have collectively created more than 6,500 direct jobs and have raised more than $1 billion in funding. Greentown’s second-ever location will open in Houston, TX, in spring 2021. For more information, please visit www.greentownlabs.com or Twitter, LinkedIn or Facebook.