Design a Better Presentation Deck (Online)
Bad decks are the bane of everyone’s work life—all of us have either sat through a mind-numbing presentation, or struggled with how to make one more compelling.
In this class, you’ll learn principles and best practices for providing structure and logic to your presentation. You will also discover how to elevate your slide layouts and visuals to inspire and engage your audience. Whether you are a sales person, a teacher, an entrepreneur, or anyone whose job it is to build decks as part of their work, learn the skills it takes to make more beautiful—and effective—presentations.
General Assembly’s classes, workshops and events are recreational and for avocational purposes only. No certificate is awarded.
- Learn how how basic design principles can be used to strengthen your deck layout and enhance its effectiveness
- Understand how to create a logical presentation flow and orient your audience within it
- Use visuals and storytelling techniques to engage people
- Get instructor feedback on your presentation through an in-class critique/workshop
Come to class with a presentation that you would like feedback on (can be in Keynote, PowerPoint, Google Slides, etc.); come prepared with at least 3 questions about your project.
- You will need access to a laptop or computer with a working webcam and microphone as well as a strong internet connection.
- This course will occur completely online using Zoom and Slack.
- Course set up information will be emailed to all students signed up around 24 hours before (and again an hour before) your course launches.