Building Black Wealth in the 21st Century
About this Event
Key Takeaways: Understanding the effects of the racial wealth gap and why it is important to eliminate; Learn about strategies and resources to build wealth; Learn about tools to help yourself or your business; Learn how you can support the black community.
During the session, we will discuss:
- The current state of black wealth
- Racial Wealth Gap Study and implications
- The effects of accumulated inequality and discrimination
- Breaking through barriers
- Fundamentals of building wealth
- How to get involved in and gain access to wealth building opportunities
- How to protect and preserve your wealth
- Ways to support and invest in black businesses and communities
Target Audience: Investors, entrepreneurs, business owners, community leaders and anyone interested in understanding the implications of the racial wealth gap, how it affects all communities, and what we can all do to help elevate black communities and subsequently all of society.
Jill Johnson is the Co-founder/CEO of the Institute for Entrepreneurial Leadership (IFEL). She has nearly 30 years of experience as a business strategist with expertise in financial analysis, marketing, and business development. She is an advocate for community businesses and microenterprise, and is a leading authority in the area of minority inclusion in the entrepreneurial ecosystem. Jill is a speaker on topics including: community economic development, business plan development, entrepreneurship, minority and women small business growth, and access to capital.
J.D. Garnier is VP and Senior Portfolio Advisor and Merril Lynch. J.D. has worked in wealth management for 20 years, advising wealthy families and business owners around the country. He is a Certified Financial Planner, Certified Exit Planning Advisor, and by background a licensed attorney. His professional journey has served as the inspiration for speaking, having overcome his own self-doubt and insecurities about being a minority in corporate America to gaining the confidence to advise some of the top executives in the country. J.D. is also founder of Diversity Selling and author of “How To Sell When Your Clients Don’t Look Like You.”
Lenny Saizan is co-founder and Managing Director at the Urban Capital Network (UCN). In addition to his role at UCN, Lenny owns and operates a Business Brokerage firm, where he helps business owners with exit planning and maximizing the value of their business for acquisition.
Angel Investing 101 Series Dates:
- February 18 – TBD
- March 18 – Sourcing and Vetting
- April 15 – Practical Implementation/Panel
- May 20 – Due Diligence and Deal Memo
- June 17 – Practical Implementation/Panel
- July 15 – Valuation & Term Sheet
- August 19 – Practical Implementation/Panel
- September 16 – Wrap Up
- October 21 – Angel Investing Intro
- November 18 – Angel Investing Intro
Use the following link to submit questions in advance: https://urbancapitalnetwork.com/contact/